As the Accounting Manager, you are responsible for managing the daily activities of the Accounting Department. You lead a diverse team and coach a variety of skills sets while managing the day to day functions of the Accounting department. You provide clear direction and feedback with tact and excellent communication, while being flexible and adaptable. You accomplish your daily responsibilities with accuracy and attention to detail, using strong analytical skills. Use time effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks and shifting priorities as needed.
This full time exempt position reports to the CFO and is based at the company headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Apply online: https://www.uncruise.com/apply
• Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, and GL staff. Provide coaching, development opportunities, and performance feedback as needed.
• Provide direction and assistance to department staff regarding accounting policies and procedures.
• Lead the accounting team to ensure that all entries are accurately reported and posted in the general ledger.
• Manage the month-end close process to produce timely and accurate financial statements.
• Review journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
• Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed monthly.
• Assist with the annual external audit including control walkthroughs and the preparation of Process Control Blocks (PBC).
• Support administration of the corporate credit card programs.
• Perform reconciliation and reporting of daily cash transactions and assist with cash management reporting.
• Review calculation and approve payment of agent commissions.
• Prepare timely sales and excise tax returns for multiple states.
• Prepare annual property tax returns.
• Maintain the fixed asset databases for the company and its subsidiaries and ensure the information is accurate for GAAP and tax purposes.
• Review Accounts Payable check runs and perform internal control verification.
• Create, maintain, and distribute daily and weekly accounting reports and metrics as required.
• Protect company assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Provide recommendations and changes to process, reporting and polices to address challenges in operations.
• Cruise Benefit – Explore the world like our guests do: employees receive one complimentary cruise for two people every year, after each year of employment.
• Health and Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and flexible spending account options.
• 401k – Employees are eligible after 1 year of employment.
• Time off – Enjoy ten (10) company-paid holidays annually. Earn paid vacation and sick time throughout the year, and qualify for more vacation days as you gain tenure.
• Eco-Commute – Earn $10/day when you commute to work without the use of a motorized personal vehicle. You can walk, bike, take the bus, or kayak.
• Free Parking – Employees park for free at our Seattle office on days they commute by car.
• BA/BS in Accounting and active CPA license.
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including experience managing accounting staff.
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and operational accounting processes.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
• Strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
• Able to learn quickly, open to change and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
• Able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Written/Oral communications – able to speak and write clearly and concisely.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills required.
• Demonstrates consistency in values, principles and work ethic.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
• Must be able to work in a standard office environment with sitting, typing and writing for 8 to 10 hours per day.
The work day core hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however this position may require a flexible schedule with varying hours to include occasional weekends.
Apply online: https://www.uncruise.com/apply
Who We Are
At UnCruise, we work together to support and build a brand that provides an enriching adventure travel experience that inspires an appreciation of local cultures and the natural world. Sometimes that means we kayak among icebergs, travel to hidden waterfalls with a local guide or snorkel with sea lions, dive with manta rays and share air with whales. Our destinations include Alaska, Columbia & Snake Rivers, Costa Rica & Panama, Galapagos, Hawaiian Islands, Mexico’s Sea of Cortes and Pacific Northwest. Every employee plays a major role in bringing the adventure to life. When you join our team, you become an important part of our uniqueness.