About the Position
The Tax Manager is responsible for managing client tax engagements - from obtaining client information, to the filing of the return. They also assume tax and business planning projects and should be very comfortable working with other staff, partners, and clients.
• Provide final technical reviews on tax returns and financial statements.
• Ensure deliverables and work papers produced by team members are clear, concise, well written, and in conformity with firm standards and professional requirements.
• Assign, track and manage tasks/projects that are sent to staff/supervisors to prepare (both onsite and offsite at remote office) and ensure that engagements are profitable.
• Prioritize and manage multiple engagements within given time-frames and budget parameters.
• Take an active role in developing and leading staff, and must have a educational mentality with emphasis on teaching new concepts to staff as well as clients.
• Research tax issues and implement resolutions or provide recommendations as necessary.
• Stay abreast of developments and changes in tax law and accounting procedures, and ensure that staff are kept informed so they can effectively interact with clients and represent the technical expertise of the firm.
• Communicate with clients to ensure their best interests are achieved, to include educating clients on different and new ways of achieving their goals.
• Provide high quality tax service and financial advice to clients.
• CPA and public accounting experience required. Preferably with a Big 4 firm.
• Supervisory/management experience required.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
• Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in business software (MS Office Suite, Google Drive, PDF software, etc.).
• Experience with QuickBooks (QBO and Desktop).
• Preferred experience with ProConnect tax software.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
• You are a creative problem solver.
• You are ambitious.
• You have excellent communication skills with staff, partners, admin and clients.
• You maintain a positive attitude and upbeat spirit even during long hours and stressful days.
1.) Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
2.) Phone screen
3.) In-person interview
About the Firm
Collaborative Business Solutions specializes in offering clients a full-range of business consulting, advice and business solutions. With a rapid growth trajectory we are looking to build our tax department with dedicated professionals to support our expanding client base. We support a wide array of clients, from established businesses to start-ups and fast growth companies. Our specialization is multifaceted, allowing us to support many different types of companies and business structures.
Why You Should Work Here
We are energetic professionals with a passion for helping our clients. We embrace the team mentality and our team is always ready to jump in and help each other. We care about our team’s ideas and about how to make our firm a better place to work. We are lifelong learners and problem solvers and we want to attract more people with the same work ethic and passion for service.
We don’t subscribe to the traditional CPA firm image. We have a pet friendly office. At the office we have a casual dress code, but there will be some client meetings where a suit/business attire will be required. We are looking for people who take their work seriously, but also believe that laughter is a great way to deal with the trials of life and work. We work hard and play hard and have a good reputation because we truly care about our employees and our clients. We are looking for someone who responds well to stress and can enjoy the comradery of busy season just as we do. We also believe a collaborative environment is the best solution to business problems, hence our name; Collaborative Business Solutions. Our ideal team member embraces these ideals and thrives in a collaborative environment.
Pay & Benefits:
• Salary – DOE
• Healthcare – Firm pays for employee medical and dental insurance
• Paid Time Off
• 401K with employer match
• Profit sharing
• Monthly cell phone subsidy
• Parking permit
• Gym in the building
• Flexible office hours
• Firm paid CPE