Olympia CPA firm is seeking an accounting professional. The candidate will have the right combination of personal and technical skills. This person will want to earn advancement. Tasks typically assigned range from summarizing books of original entry though drafting financial statements and/or tax returns to include gathering and preparing appropriate schedules. They must be able to perform tasks with proficiency and accuracy, meeting defined performance standards. The work of staff accountants is the foundation on which the work of others is based. Accuracy, dependability, ability to follow instructions, and timeliness are important qualities this person must obtain. As the staff accountant gains experience and proficiency, they may be given more difficult assignments and greater responsibility, including some duties of the in-charge accountant. Satisfactory completion of such assignments indicates the staff accountant’s readiness for promotion to a higher (in charge) accountant position.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field. This can be met with strong experience base.
• Accounting experience in individual and corporate tax and/or auditing services. This includes preparation of individual, corporate and partnership tax returns, maintenance of general ledgers, preparation of compiled and reviewed financial statements, communication with clients via phone, email, and in person meetings.
• CPA designation or ability to obtain designation is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrate knowledge of accounting and tax in the areas of GAAP, federal, state and local codes and regulations.
• Able to develop solutions in complex settings, solve problems, while under pressure, promote encouraging teamwork with colleagues.
• Able to follow processes, pay attention to details, learn quickly, self-develop and operate software effectively.
Please reply if you are interested and qualified. Please email your resume and letter of interest to FirmAdministrator@NRSmith.com. Only qualified candidates will receive a reply.
We provide personalized one-on-one service that you would expect from an independent local firm while still providing all the resources and benefits of the large national firms. We focus on your needs and our team understands that you expect excellent service and objective advice.
2120 Caton Way SW
Olympia, WA 98502-____