The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic, fast-growing non-profit organization, is seeking a Senior Accountant to support the organization in the Seattle office. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative.
The Senior Accountant will work with the controller and CFO to maintain accurate records in the general ledger. Duties may include assisting with the monthly payroll, reconciling bank accounts, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position requires someone who is able to manage the needs of a rapidly growing organization and will enjoy change and challenge on a continual basis. The successful applicant will be equally able to create and maintain systems that help make ILFI more efficient and have the ability to identify needs and opportunities for improvements.
This job is part-time, non-exempt and typically two days per week, but may require occasional additional hours during busy times. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position will receive pro-rated paid vacation, sick leave and holidays and a public transportation allowance.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Work with the Controller to maintain all aspects of the General ledger, including, but not limited to Cash,
• Accounts Receivable, Account Payable, Prepaid expense accounting, Fixed Assets.
• Work with the Controller as needed on payroll and benefits administration.
• Work closely with the Controller & CFO to manage cash flow and interbank transfers
• Assist in preparation of financial statements as needed
• Assist in gathering information for outside auditors & tax preparers
• Assistance with Monthly Close
• 3-5 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience, preferably in nonprofit accounting
• Degree in Accounting or related field
• Strong understanding of GAAP & Accrual based accounting
• Full Cycle accounting experience
• Experience working with 3rd party payroll provider such as ADP
• Extremely detail oriented with excellent organizational & time management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people representing different organizations, backgrounds and experiences.
• Ability to go with the flow in a fast paced, high-energy organization.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• A strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission as a whole.
• Experience with Sage Intaact Accounting System, Nexonia expense management system, Authorize.net, Woo Commerce, Stripe, and/or Paypal
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Senior Accountant”. Position will remain open until filled.
The International Living Future Institute’s mission is to catalyze the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative.