• Prepare tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
• Prepare compliance returns for state excise tax, payroll taxes (state and federal), personal property taxes.
• Monitor and advise clients of updates and/or changes in their filing requirements due to changes in their business or regulatory needs.
• Assist clients with oversight of their QuickBooks records, both online and desktop; perform and/or review account reconciliations, chart of accounts maintenance.
• Assist in preparing filings for local, state and federal tax compliance.
• Troubleshoot problems with clients’ accounting records, including error resolution and coaching to clients on how to properly record transactions of various types and complexities.
• Data entry to various software applications
• Other tasks as assigned – we are a small office and the term “not my job” does not apply here.
Applicants will need to pass a criminal background and credit check and be willing to sign non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required; CPA or qualification to sit for CPA exam strongly preferred.
• At least 1 year of overall experience in an office environment preferably in an accounting.
• Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
• Be able to work in an environment with many interruptions and multitask with composure, able to manage multiple ongoing projects at the same time while maintaining control and workflow efficiency.
• Experience in the preparation of individual tax returns, with an understanding of the tax code, forms and regulations.
• Must be highly organized with a strong commitment to customer service and attention to detail.
• Must be comfortable and experienced in the Windows operating realm, MS Office Suite in particular – we don’t use Macs here
• Experience and proficiency with QuickBooks, both desktop and Online, is essential.
• Demonstrated knowledge of word usage, grammar and punctuation, and the ability to review and edit documents for grammatical context to meet professional standards. This is a professional office, and everything that goes out makes a statement about the firm and its overall level of professionalism and attention to detail.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Nicole at email@example.com
We are a rapidly growing CPA firm located in the northwest corner of Kent adjacent to the West Valley Highway. Ample free parking and no downtown train or traffic hassles. We're currently a 4-person firm, rapidly growing. Full time employees receive health benefits, LTD and DTL and paid vacations and holidays. We have great yelp and google reviews thanks to our commitment to outstanding client service and quality of work. You can check us out at www.clarkaccounting.net, on yelp and Facebook.
If you like being challenged and are committed to constant improvement of your process and yourself, then this is the firm for you. We’re looking for someone who understands fundamental accounting principles and has real world experience in applying those principles to solve business problems. Our clients come to us for solutions, and this position will play a key role, frequently working directly with clients to determine the best solution for a given situation.
19033 68th Ave S Ste D-104
Kent, WA 98032