As a Tax Analyst professional, you will focus on preparing federal, state and local tax returns and records related transactions in the general ledger for all of Premera’s lines of businesses. You will prepare GAAP and statutory basis tax related accounting and reporting. You will have the opportunity to utilize your accounting knowledge, analytical capabilities and advanced technology skills to continuously improve accuracy, workload capacity and process efficiency. An ideal candidate will come in with an attitude that exhibits a commitment to excellence, initiative, innovation, adaptability, and team work.
• Prepares all federal, state and local income, premium, Business and Occupation, sales, use and property tax returns.
• Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Prepares and analyzes quarterly and annual GAAP and statutory tax provisions and disclosures.
• Research tax issues and prepares analyses and recommendations.
• Collaborates with external auditors on annual GAAP and statutory audits to ensure accuracy and compliance.
• Supports IRS and other regulatory audits.
• Seeks opportunities for process improvement to gain efficiencies and takes lead role to implement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum Three (3) years’ experience in a corporate tax department or one (1) years’ experience in a public accounting tax department.
• Master’s in taxation
• Experience with PeopleSoft or similar application.
• Experience in preparing consolidated federal income tax returns.
• Experience in preparing GAAP and statutory tax provisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
• Understanding of general accounting functions including GL, AP, AR, fixed assets and account reconciliations.
• Analytical and research skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
• Strong organization skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated collaborative problem-solving skills including recommendation and implementation of improvements.
• Proficiency with tax preparation software, tax research tools, Excel and Word.
• Ability to complete assigned projects independently.
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
7001 220Th St Sw Ste 213
Mountlake Terrace, WA