KPG is seeking a Chief Financial Officer that will operate as a team player and work to strategically move the Finance Department forward. The CFO will have many responsibilities in their role, including overseeing the Finance Department and the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
• Develop tools and systems to provide companywide critical financial and operational information to the Leadership Team
• Provide oversight and recommendations on key decisions to the finances of the company, including suggesting and developing growth plans
• Work with the professional services managers to develop tools and systems to track and monitor key performance indicators for critical financial and operational information related to project delivery
• Work on continual improvement of the budgeting process and financial performance through education of the KPG Leadership Team (Board, Shareholders, Senior Advisors, and Department Managers) on financial issues impacting budgets
• Ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems, including software, record- keeping and file management
• Oversee proper filing of tax returns to ensure legal and regulatory compliance
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and documented, and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
• Maintain a fiduciary duty to the 401(k) plan participants and evaluate appropriateness of investment options within the programs
• Promote company culture and vision
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial managerial position
• Comfort working in a collaborative executive team environment
• Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to engage and collaborate with staff at all levels
• Analytical aptitude to organize and present data in an effective way to guide managerial decision-making
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated emotional intelligence skills
• Experience with presenting fiscal information effectively across an organization
• Ability to develop trust and earn credibility at all levels of the organization, with strong sense of integrity and authenticity
• MBA, CMA, and/or CPA
• Prior experience working in an architectural and/or engineering design and/or professional services firm
• Experience with cross-training and mentoring others to better understand organizational financial systems
• Demonstration of financial acumen in multiple industries or business models
• Experience with assisting with evaluation of ownership models, including valuation of a professional services firm, cash flow modeling for stock transfer, analysis and management of tax impacts, and management of firm capitalization
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online by visiting kpg.com/careers.
Applicants may also copy and paste the below link into their browser to apply.
Direct Link to Apply: (copy and paste into your browser)
KPG was founded in 1990 as a small, interdisciplinary firm of engineers, architects and landscape architects who shared a commitment to enhance livability within cities. Nearly 30 years later, KPG is a growing, medium-size firm with offices in Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, and Wenatchee, with talented team members and a diverse resume of projects.
Our work is almost exclusively for public agencies, with an emphasis on technically advanced projects that integrate engineering, landscape and performance building design, often with an emphasis on LEED and sustainable principles.
KPG is a deeply interconnected and interdisciplinary firm – centering our business philosophy around the importance of valuing people and relationships. KPG prides ourselves on the quality of work produced for clients, the positive impacts to the communities we work in, and the quality of life for all of our employees.
KPG offers a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, transit support, paid holidays & PTO. We’re a fun, rewarding place to work! KPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.