Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Fargo, ND; Kansas City, KS and Seattle, WA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
• Develop, analyze, report and make recommendations on the company's project and cost accounting as well as the systems of internal controls.
• Develop and oversee systems leading to KPI's and action plans to optimize the performance of site productivity and project profitability.
• Understand, forecast and report revenues and cost projections. Analyze and report developments in order to derive and update forecasts and budgets.
• Monitor, report, and control labor utilization rates, resource management, subcontracts, supplier purchases and agreements to optimize impacts to the P&L and operating cash flows.
• Develop, maintain as well as optimize standard costing and estimates/quoting systems.
• Develop controls for headcount, cost accounting, cost centers, profit centers, operating and capital assets spending, capacity and performance.
• Maintain all financial operating systems, relevant KPIs and reports.
• Manage the preparation of the cost accounting records; develop and implement the cost control systems and procedures, project cost including indirect costs and overhead; compare the actual cost to the estimates and analyze the variances to optimize.
• Interpret financial information (costs, price, expense & revenue); make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
• Support Working Capital & Balance Sheet management.
• Ensure timely invoicing of revenues and project related milestones;
• Monitor the company receivables in terms of the control payment terms and the payment behavior of the customers, especially management of overdue payments.
• Ensure the quality of financial and reporting data.
• Accurate and timely elaboration of financial statements and forecasts.
• Observe compliance with internal and external guidelines, GAAP, policies and strategies.
• Identify areas financial and operating control gaps; report misstatements, inefficiencies and recommend remediation actions / plans.
• May manage a staff of 1-2 personnel. Will interface with operational management and staff. Clear and professional communications skills required. Will serve as the right hand to the Director of Finance and Accounting.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or relevant field with specialization in Cost Accounting and Analysis.
• CMA or CPA desired.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
• Superior MS Office skills and ERP experience required. MS Dynamics AX and / or Ceridian DayForce experience an asset.
• Previous staff management experience desired.
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.
Apply Here: https://canr56.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/altasciences/Posting/View/401