We are looking for a natural leader, a versatile, take-charge candidate who can get things done and is seeking a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. The candidate is expected to be able to manage multiple projects and resources while being personable, reliable, diplomatic and professional. This position will interact with vendors, customers, and all departments of Kotter International and will be expected to take an active interest in the success of the Company and participate in advancing the business interests of the Company.
The Accounting Associate performs administrative duties for the Seattle office of Kotter International. Responsibilities may include general accounting and clerical work, making travel and meeting arrangements, processing financial transactions, general research and project-based work, answering the phone and greeting visitors and other general office tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Process expense reports and prepare expense reimbursements
• Compile monthly reports for the CFO
• Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office and Excel
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing/scanning, mailing and filing
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
• Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences
• Maintain and update records of financial transactions
• Prepare checks
• Gather and collate records for billing reimbursable costs to clients
• Reconcile credit card statements and gather receipts monthly
• Calendar management
• Monitor charges/refunds for travel
• Answer phones and greet visitors and other general office duties
• Assist with projects as needed
• 2+ years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience or accounting degree combined with 2 years other relevant work experience
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and GSuite
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks, a plus
• Exceptional time management, verbal and written communication skills
• Resourceful and personable
• Must be able to work independently, taking initiative, and anticipating next steps while still exercising good judgment and discretion
• Willingness to take on a variety of tasks/functions
• Competent IT skills
Please use the subject line "Accounting Associate" and e-mail Sherry Littlejohn at Sherry.Littlejohn@kotterinc.com
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
1. Attach your resume or CV.
2. Provide a cover letter that demonstrates your knowledge of and interest in Kotter International and why you would be a good fit at our company.
To ALL recruitment agencies: Kotter International, Inc. only accepts agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to Kotter International employees or send to any Kotter International location. Kotter International, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kotter International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status physical or mental disability, marital status or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.
Please, no phone calls about this job listing.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
WHO WE ARE
Kotter is the world leader in leading complex change. Founded by the world’s foremost change expert, Dr. John Kotter, our work is grounded in decades of empirical research conducted at Harvard Business School. Kotter International was ranked a top small business culture by Entrepreneur magazine for 2017. We believe that leadership must be inclusive, rather than exclusive. The “why” of leadership is most important: to have a positive and lasting impact on people and organizations we equip people – in large, coordinated numbers – to transform their organizations and teach others how to do it. Millions leading, Billions benefiting.