STG’s controller is responsible for managing operations of the Accounting department so that efficiency, timeliness of information dissemination, and support to internal customers is maintained. The controller is responsible for providing accurate financial information and analysis in support of the goals and objectives of STG.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate financial reporting and input processes to smoothly ensure accurate and timely information for monthly close.
- Manage the people and function of the accounting area with effective leadership and attention to priorities.
- Create/maintain effective accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper internal controls.
- Coordinate budget and forecast preparation, and ensures accurate reflection of budget/forecast in accounting system.
- Coordinates external reporting needs including tax returns, governmental and grant reporting.
- Ensures timely reconciliation of general ledger accounts and bank statements, including contributed revenue restrictions.
- Coordinates execution of audit and preparation of draft statements including recommendations as to appropriate presentation in audit.
- Manage show file processes and any associated training and follow up. Ensure the accuracy timeliness of show file preparation.
- Manage accounts payable oversite to ensure timely processing of payments.
- Collaborate effectively with all areas of STG; support internal customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent work experience
- CPA preferred.
- Five plus years work experience in accounting or finance with proven knowledge of budgets, forecasting, preparation of financial statements, cash management and payroll procedures.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership expertise.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Navision preferred; accounting system required as is expertise with Microsoft Office.
- Information technology experience a plus.
- Non profit experience and understanding preferred.
- Interest in the performing arts a plus.
- Passion for perfection combined with the ability to deliver in tight timeframes required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships and see the big picture.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these.
- Vision – corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use the computer screen.
- Sitting/Standing/Walking – about 75% of the time is spent seated at a desk.
Please apply at:
Seattle Theatre Group® (STG) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization dedicated to creating enriching experiences in the arts, engaging diverse communities, and stewarding historic theatres. STG is the people’s theatre. All are welcomed and represented.
Seattle Theatre Group® presents upward of 600 events annually that include touring award-winning Broadway musicals, acclaimed international fine arts, local artists, education and community engagement activities, concerts, comedy, film, and more.
911 Pine Street
Seatttle, WA 98101