The Controller is responsible for managing Atlantic Street Center's accounting functions, and supervising 1 to 2 accounting staff. You will work closely with the Executive Director and will be responsible for ensuring accurate financial reporting to support the agency’s growth and goals. Major areas of responsibility include oversight of all accounting, internal controls, audit preparation and the annual budget. The position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with financial policies and practices, communicating effectively with Program Managers, and providing timely and accurate financial reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field required; CPA preferred.
• Four years financial and administrative management experience working with grant-based accounting systems.
• Strong supervisory and staff management skills; minimum 3 years preferred.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and non-profit accounting practices and tax laws.
• Experience using a computerized fund accounting system. Sage and Abila MIP experience preferred.
• Knowledge of United Way and other governmental human service program requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage systems.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Atlantic Street Center has been a part of the Seattle community for more than 100 years, working to support youth and families in achieving their potential. Atlantic Street Center's services include academic assistance, early learning, leadership development, parent education and support, homelessness prevention, domestic violence survivor assistance and mental health counseling. Each year we serve more than 3,000 multi-ethnic, low-income families, most of who reside in Seattle’s central and southeast neighborhoods. We just opened an office in Kent to serve those who have had to move south due to rising Seattle rents.