Association of Washington Cities (AWC) is recruiting for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our dynamic and fast-paced team. The top candidate will be highly organized and detail oriented.
What you'll be doing:
• Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet and general ledger accounts
• Review monthly bank reconciliations
• Review submitted journal entries
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals as needed
• Review quarterly and annual payroll tax reports
• Prepare monthly financial statements for the organization and any other contracted service obligations of the organization
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
• Prepare financial analyses and reports
• Prepare revenue projections and forecasting expenditures
• Assist with the preparation and monitoring of budgets
• Assist with creating of budget templates and reports as needed
• Assist with annual audit process. Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies and issues of non-compliance.
• Prepare federal and special tax returns
• Facilitate and participate in all necessary assistance to internal and external customers on a variety of program and service deliverables provided by the organization
• Coordinate the completion of required monthly billings to all entities contracting with the organization
• Review the filings of the Lobbyist Monthly Expense Reports, the annual Employer’s Report, and other required reporting for the organization’s advocacy team
• Develop operational procedures and documentation of process flows
• Document workflow, procedures, checklists and policies for assigned tasks
• Assist with benefits documentation and ensure paperwork is up to date
• Assist with new employee orientation process
• Review and approve invoices and orders
• Maintain record of AWC physical assets
• Ensure compliance with local, state and federal requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. CPA or master’s in accounting preferred.
• At least three (3) years of accounting experience
• Must have extensive knowledge of accounting principles and generally accepted accounting principles and practices, in particular GAAP and FASB
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional, accounting and payroll software, and have the ability to learn and use a wide variety of proprietary software
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Knowledge of arithmetic, statistics, and their applications
• Ability to pay extremely close attention to detail and to monitor one’s own work for errors
• Ability to meet deadlines and provide timely financial statements
• Ability to be flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes
• Must possess good time management skills and have the ability to be self-driven
• Ability to model the organizations’ high standards of quality customer service to all internal and external customers
Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications listed on the job description will be considered. To apply for this position and view the job description, please visit the AWC website at https://wacities.org/about-us/join-our-team.
Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. Complete the application and attach:
• A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position
• Current resume
All applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, December 9, 2019.
Founded in 1933, the Association of Washington Cities (AWC) is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan corporation that represents Washington's cities and towns before the state legislature, the state executive branch and with regulatory agencies. Membership is voluntary. However, AWC consistently maintains 100% participation from Washington's 281 cities and towns.
1076 Franklin St SE
Olympia, WA 985001