Plans, coordinates, implements and controls various financial accounting functions. Designs and supports effective processes for accurate, timely financial and managerial reporting. Provides financial analysis and reporting for both external and internal customers. Ensures the timely and accurate maintenance of records and accounts in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) regulations. Supports the District’s strategic priorities, in particular responsible cost and fiscal management. Analyzes, evaluates, interprets, and processes payroll, labor and benefit data. Interprets and analyzes contractual labor agreements and legislative mandates to ensure correct accounting and payroll treatment. Applies knowledge of payroll accounting, District policies and regulations, Collective Bargaining Agreements, deferred compensation and retirement plans, as well as other payroll disciplines to payroll processes. Plans and executes accurate and timely payroll processing in coordination with internal and external business partners. Performs duties of the Payroll System Administrator and Payroll Accountant when needed.
• For Payroll Reporting and Compliance, the candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing payroll functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field; AND
• Five (5) years progressive accounting experience.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other professional accounting certification.
• Financial or Accounting experience in an Electric Utility.
• Knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) accounting regulations.
• Knowledge of National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners regulations.
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
• Knowledge of or experience with SAP.
• Experience with an outside payroll service provider (ADP preferred).
To Apply: Interested individuals should complete the online application and submit cover letter and resume at https://careers.snopud.com/ by 11:59 p.m. July 21, 2019. A full job description is available on the website.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER OF MINORITIES, WOMEN, DISABELD AND VETERANS
We are the Nation's 12th largest public utility, serving over 350,000 electric customers and 20,000 water customers with a work force of over 1,000. Our service territory covers over 2,200 square miles, including all of Snohomish County and Camano Island and is located just north of Seattle.
PO Box 1107
Everett, WA 98206