The Senior Accountant is responsible for coordinating the flow and accuracy of all accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions for Edensaw Woods, Ltd. using Agility Accounting System, and for Kiwiandco LLC, using Quickbooks. This position reports directly to the owner(s) and CEO(s) of Edensaw Woods, Ltd. and Kiwiandco LLC, providing a variety of financial statements and reports on business sales and revenue on a daily and weekly basis. This is a great opportunity for an experienced accountant to join a close-knit, family-owned and operated company.
• Broad understanding of financial analysis techniques to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and established company standards.
• Ability to prepare a variety of financial statements, balance sheets, amortization and depreciation schedules, and reports as directed.
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP and practices.
• Ability to manage the general ledger, perform accounts receivable functions, oversee and direct accounts payable, manage daily cash-flow, and conduct week-end and month-end reconciliations.
• Knowledge of state and federal tax requirements and reporting.
• Ability to collaborate with internal staff and provide excellent customer service to outside vendors and customers.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with little direction.
Edensaw Woods Ltd. offers a rich benefit package including health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave, and a SIMPLE IRA with employer contribution.
The ideal candidate has a degree in accounting, 3-5 years in an accounting position with increasing responsibility, experience working with QuickBooks and a more complex accounting software and is able to pass a background and credit check.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description is available upon request.
Edensaw Woods, Ltd. is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to manage and ensure the integrity of accounting information for two branches. Edensaw Woods, Ltd. was founded in 1984 to provide specialty plywood’s, hardwoods and veneers to the local Port Townsend and Olympic Peninsula boat building community. 35 years later, Edensaw now serves the entire Puget Sound region, sending out deliveries from the Port Townsend Headquarters and Tacoma warehouse. This position also provides accounting for Kiwiandco LLC, a conglomerate company to Edensaw, which accounts for about 10% of the job functions.