The Senior Staff Accountant assists in all areas of full cycle accounting, including general ledger accounting and financial reporting on a routine and off cycle basis. The ideal candidate possesses knowledge of costing, financial analysis principles and techniques, and generally accepted accounting principles as they relate to a manufacturing facility. Takes initiative to research and resolve discrepancies in both information and numbers. This will require strong reconciliation and problem-solving skills. Exercises independent judgment within department defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. This position reports to the Accounting Manager and is exempt from overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with inventory team to perform reconciliations, cost accounting calculations and other complex accounting tasks.
• Performs tax reporting as well as reconciles tax accounts.
• Mines and extracts data from accounting systems and uses such data to prepare complex spreadsheet schedules.
• Performs full cycle accounting including preparation of general ledger journal entries and accounting schedules for both internal and external financial reporting.
• Performs daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting functions.
• Reconciles general ledger accounts ensuring integrity and accuracy of accounting records and financial reporting.
• Works with IT to develop ad hoc reports in reporting software.
• Manages subscriptions of daily, weekly, monthly reports.
• Assists in maintaining internal control compliance across the organization in order to ensure an understanding of risk areas, as well as to identify opportunities to improve processes and enhance controls.
• Prepares and maintains desk procedures documentation for own duties and responsibilities.
• Cross train with other accounting team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years accounting experience, tax background preferred.
• CPA, CMA, CA or equivalent professional certification is preferred.
• Cost accounting experience is preferred.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office; including Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Requires independent judgment and the ability to problem solve and think critically.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong math and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of the accounting department.
• Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals.
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as the ability to work independently and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
• Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand highest standard of conduct from self and others.
• Must be available to work extended hours as needed; typically during month-end and year-end close and audit.
• Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
Please Apply Online at: https://careers-icicleseafoods.icims.com/jobs/1582/senior-staff-accountant/job