The SOX Program Manager leads a company-wide and comprehensive SOX program and provides the program and technical support required to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX). This role is highly visible to the company’s leadership team and the Audit Committee with an active role in the company’s sub-certification requirements. The SOX Program Manager’s primary responsibilities and expectations include:
• Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
• Oversee the development of the annual SOX plan and risk assessment process and communicate the results to SOX stakeholders, including the SOX steering committee, finance, IT and project teams.
• Partner with company financial, operational and information technology groups to test control processes across the organization, with a focus on new transactions, significant changes or others areas of higher risk.
• Act as the key liaison to the company's external auditors on their annual audit or the company’s SOX program and lead a robust reliance strategy for the reliance work performed, a significant cost saving strategy.
• Drive control optimization and automation opportunities, data analytics and process improvements.
• Stay current on key developments of the internal audit profession such as evolving audit techniques and practices, and pronouncements by the FASB, IIA, PCAOB, COSO and other regulatory bodies.
• Manage a diverse team, including full time employees and co-source contractors to execute the annual SOX plan, design and operational effectiveness testing and other SOX-related projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance, and 8 years prior related experience.
• 5 years’ experience in a 1) SOX compliance management role in a publically traded company or audit practice advisory firm, or 2) external audit attestation experience in a public accounting firm, in a supervisory or lead capacity, or 3) accounting or financial operational role in a publicly traded company or any combination of the above experience.
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or other relevant certification.
• Strong technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and an ability to apply knowledge to complex financial transactions.
• Knowledge of internal audit concepts, generally accepted auditing standards, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) regulations, and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations.
• Demonstrated strong capability in leadership, supervisory, and/or team building roles and prior experience establishing working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory oversight bodies.
• Demonstrated analytical and critical evaluation skills and innovative problem solving initiative.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer and/or technology related skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Knowledge of SAP financial systems and/or common utility applications.
• Prior experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm.
• Experience in the utilities or energy industry and/or understanding of current and evolving trends.
• Direct experience with company accounting systems, operations, policies and procedures and system implementations.
Apply to position #56671 at https://www.pse.com/pages/careers.
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of
service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead! Consider PSE for the next step in your career.