Our firm is currently seeking a full-time tax staff accountant with a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience to join our team. The candidate hired will prepare a variety of income tax returns including individuals, S corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, and non-profits. The position involves running multiple client engagements simultaneously. The candidate will also assist with research projects, consult on various tax projects, respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities, research tax matters, and carry out other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate is efficient, organized, and friendly. They must demonstrate strong communication, client service and organizational skills, in addition to proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, General Business, Management or related field from an accredited college/university required; Accounting preferred.
• CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy.
• A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a public accounting firm.
• Excellent customer service skills (internal and external).
• Creative problem solving and research skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
• Highly motivated and interested in taking initiative for personal growth and development.
• Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks and simultaneous projects.
• Able to work overtime as needed.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and QuickBooks.
• Familiarity with CCH Axcess tax software a plus.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
de Haan PLLC is a public accounting firm providing tax and accounting services to individuals, trusts, estates, partnerships and corporations. We believe it is all about relationships. Each client has unique needs and we tailor our services to meet the goals of each. We are a family friendly practice that strives to maintain a healthy balance between our professional careers and personal lives.