The Senior Accountant records all essential general ledger transitions for Global Impact and prepares monthly annual schedules to support year-end closing, audit and tax preparation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as back up for payrolls, ensuring timely and accurate processing. Assists with state accounts and unemployment.
• Assist employees and HR with payroll questions and concerns.
• Provides payroll-related information for audit and compliance reporting including year-end processing requirements.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual audit requirements.
• Manage compliance with 401(k) third party administrator.
• Support integration efforts and implement tools to increase process and audit efficiency and effectiveness including labor allocations using data from timekeeping system.
• Prepare and post payroll journal entries, reconcile related general ledger accounts including indirect cost allocations.
• Provides support preparing for audits and 990.
• Monitor distributions and other payments from client accounts.
• Respond to client queries.
• Reconciles up to 15 cash and investment accounts
• Serves as Global Impact’s primary POC for all banking relationships.
Qualifications & Requirements (Education, experience, skills, certifications):
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related education.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
• 3-5 years of payroll experience.
• 3-5 years general ledger experience.
• Superior Excel skills.
• Experience with Replicon and iSolved is preferred.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Motivated self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others within and across functions at all levels of the company.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Global Impact’s headquarters are in Alexandria, Virginia. Interested candidates should submit salary history and expectations along with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.