Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Financial Services, this position assists in analyzing, reporting and management of a variety of financial processes related to district wide operations.
Required duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform a variety of technical financial and accounting functions.
• Prepare, transmit, and/or publish detailed financial documents and reports.
• Oversee daily operation of the District’s cash receipting systems.
• Oversee preparation of federal and state grant claims in accordance with applicable guidance.
• Assist with coordination and performance of internal control audits.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of the District’s annual budget and annual year-end financial reports.
• Assist with the maintenance of legal financial records for accounting and budgeting in accordance with the Washington State Auditor’s Office and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction guidance.
• Assist in training/supporting District staff in budget and accounting functions.
• Assist is monitoring and reporting construction and other capital improvements in accordance required policies.
• Manage a variety of bids and quotes in compliance with District purchasing procedures.
• Maintains and organizes budget and fiscal records in compliance with federal & state laws, generally accepted accounting practices, or other regulatory rules.
• Perform other related accounting and/or technical duties as may be assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
•Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or related field.
• Minimum 4 years accounting, finance, and /or business administration experience. Public school or governmental accounting experience preferred.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations governing accounting.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including fund accounting.
• Ability to dissect, evaluate and understand complex financial problems.
• Proven ability to work independently; effectively performs as a self-starter, uses independent decision making appropriately.
• Understands and carries out oral and written directions efficiently and effectively.
• Demonstrated understanding of and ability to continually exercise confidentiality, loyalty and integrity.
• Proven ability to positively and effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced computer skills.
• Proven ability to positively participate in a fast-paced team environment.
• Successfully handles changes in assignments and functions effectively with a demanding work load.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s license.
Eastmont School District accepts only online applications. If interested, please visit www.eastmont206.org and click "Employment" and follow instructions provided to submit application.
The mission of the Eastmont School District is to maximize the potential of all students by providing:
Relationships - that support a safe and secure learning environment for students and staff.
Relevance - in education experiences that meet the needs of students, parents, and community.
Rigor - by having expectations that require students to develop and demonstrate academic excellence.
Results - that are used to improve and support student and employee success.
800 Eastmont Avenue
East Wenatchee, WA 98802