• Complete non-complex and some complex account reconciliations and record transactions as part of the monthly, quarterly, and annual adjusting and closing process.
• Prepare and review the general ledger, financial statements and related work papers.
• Prepare and review payroll and payroll tax processing
• Prepare individual and business income tax returns
• Assist in the quality review process during tax season
• Gain a thorough understanding of the financial operations of specific engagement (i i.e. nonprofit, agriculture and construction, etc.)
• Identify accounting errors, research technical issues and proactively resolve issues
• BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
• 3+ years relative work experience as a staff or senior accountant, bookkeeper or equivalent.
• Relevant experience in a specific industry is preferred but not required; non-profit
experience a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume.
Our mission is to help clients maintain financial viability in the present, while taking a proactive approach to achieve future goals. This requires open communication to reach an understanding of our clients' needs through research and sound analysis. Tompkins Vargas & Associates is dedicated to meeting these goals with high standards of excellence and professionalism. We have been a staple of the area's business community for years, and pride ourselves on the level of esteem we have earned.
Our dedication to hard work has earned the respect of the business and financial community in and around the area. We believe this to be a direct derivative of our talent and responsiveness to our client base.
212 S Third Ave
Walla Walla, WA 99362