Brown & Brown Insurance is seeking a Controller to join its growing team in Seattle, Washington!
WHO WE ARE:
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country.
Becoming a Teammate of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed.
WHO YOU ARE:
As the Controller at our Seattle office, you thrive in a leadership role. Owning your seat as a business partner to the agency president, department heads and corporate is where you shine. You are a jack-of-all trades and although numbers are your strong suit, your ability to build meaningful connections and lead teammates is your secret weapon. You have the ability to analyze financial information detailing income, expenses and earnings via balance sheet, P&L statements and other necessary reports. You enjoy taking time to work with each department leader throughout the year to ensure budgets are managed and they have a working knowledge of the department P&L. One of your greatest strengths is your ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and teammates without stress overload.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Process payroll
• Perform month end and year end functions
• Establish, modify, document and coordinate implementation of accounting procedures and internal controls
• Foster and seek relationships with teammates across all levels of Brown & Brown
• Ensure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures
• Attend training sessions, courses, etc. to maintain up-to-date skills
• Always conduct the highest level of confidentiality
• Other duties as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance, or a related discipline, required
• Understanding of and experience working in an Agency Management System for an insurance brokerage
• Knowledge of the operations of an insurance agency in both financial and technical areas
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
PERKS OF THE JOB:
• Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
• Competitive pay based on experience
• Discretionary Time Off
• Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
• Employee Stock Program
Brown & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
800 Fifth Ave, Suite 2400
Seattle, WA 98104